[mythtv-users] OT: Avidemux2 2.36

Mario Limonciello mario.mailing at gmail.com
Wed May 4 04:37:21 UTC 2005

Harvard Pan wrote:

>I found some problems with snipping commercials using avidemux2's
>automated functions when used in conjunction with mpeg2cut. The script
>that is being used for some reason just doesn't work. I did find a
>workaround in terms of script commands that would work instead.
>
>I wrote a little perl script to generate the new avidemux2 cut script
>and use it in mpeg2cut. Using this, I can cut commercials from
>recordings just fine. I've attached the script. If the latest version
>of avidemux hasn't fixed it yet, hope this helps save you some time!
>
>--Harvard
>
>On 5/3/05, Mario Limonciello <mario.mailing at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>When searching through the archives this afternoon, I saw a mention in a
>>post that Avidemux2 2.38 shouldn't be used when snipping commercials,
>>and instead to use 2.36.  Can anyone back this with a reason or verify
>>this is true?  I couldn't find it listed anywhere as to why.  Also is it
>>possible that this problem that existed in 2.38 has been fixed now as of
>>the latest 2.38 release (.38_rc3 for gentoo).

Harvard, I was looking this over, and wondering the easiest way to
actually place this into the mpeg2cut script, and it looks like the
easiest way is to replace all stuff here:
#cat /dev/null > ${BASENAME}.cut2

#count=0
#for i in ${CUTLIST}
#do
#    START=`echo $i | cut -d '-' -f 1`
#    END=`echo $i | cut -d '-' -f 2`

#    if [ .${START}. = .. ]
#    then
#        START=0
#    fi

#    if [ ${START} -ge ${LASTFRAME} ]
#    then
#        continue
#    fi

#    if [ .${END}. = .. ]
#    then
#        END=${LASTFRAME}
#    fi
#    LENGTH=$((${END} - ${START} + 1))
#
#    cat >> ${BASENAME}.cut2 << EOF
#Start : ${START}
#Size : ${LENGTH}
#Ref :   0
#EOF
#    count=$((${count} + 1))
#done
#echo ${count} segments >> ${BASENAME}.cut
#
#cat ${BASENAME}.cut2 >> ${BASENAME}.cut

with a launch of your script with some sort of parameters, but that
doesnt seem right.  How exactly do you launch it?