[mythtv-users] mythbackend won't idle until mythfrontend disconnects

Max Barry mythtv at maxbarry.com
Wed May 4 04:18:25 UTC 2005

It was all working so nicely until 0.18. My combined backend/frontend
box would wake itself up, record something, then go back to sleep.

Now, however, it refuses to idle if mythfrontend is running. Which is a
problem, because I have mythfrontend start automatically on boot.
Previously, this didn't stop mythbackend from declaring itself idle.
Now, for some reason, it does.

Is this a deliberate change in 0.18? Is there a way to stop mythfrontend
from blocking mythbackend's idling?

Thanks in advance!