[mythtv-users] component video capture cards

match at ece.utah.edu match at ece.utah.edu
Tue May 3 23:00:04 UTC 2005

On 3 May 2005 at 14:35, Bill Smith wrote:

----snippity-snip----

> >> Has anybody looked into this card? It's a little more expensive
> >> (~$300) but it looks like it's still meant to be consumer grade:
> >>
> >> http://www.pluggedin.tv/item--SweetSpot-Video-Processor--PITVSS001
> >> http://www.pluggedin.tv/sweetspot
> >>

> > It doesn't do HDTV, only 480i and 576i
> >
> Yeah, and it's using the bt878 chipset! Damn, my $15 card has that :-)...

This card looks to me to be a generic bt878 card with an FPGA in place of the tuner to
affect the component interface. I thought about doing this.

True, the bt878 won't do HD, but the CX23883 does.

The advantage to doing this would be the ability to use existing drivers. MythTV would
recognize it as an HD3000 that can't change channels...

Anyone want to butcher his HD3000?

This is getting way off topic. I should probably take it to the AVSForum...

Marvin