[mythtv-users] Someone PLEASE help. No OpenGL Transistions in Mythgallery

Jonathan Watmough jonathan.watmough at gmail.com
Tue May 3 17:41:38 UTC 2005

On 5/3/05, Alan Hagge <ahagge at wbfa.com> wrote:

> Chad Delatte wrote:
>
> >Alright, I'm at my wits end trying to solve this one.
> >I cannot get transitions with Mythgallery using opengl
> >and in mythmusic I cannot make the gears work!!!
> >
> Are you using the rpms from ATrpms? As far as I can tell, they're not
> compiled with OpenGL support. If you want it, you'll need to recompile
> from the srpms and pass in additional options with the --with flag (I
> haven't done this myself with the rpms, so I'm not sure what the options
> are). You may need to "rpm -ivh" the ...src.rpm file and check the spec
> file in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS to figure out the options & syntax. I
> don't think Axel documented the options in the package info (yet.
> Hopefully soon...).

Have you tried installing the NVidia drivers directly from the NVidia
package. I generally have pretty good luck with these. Not sure if it's
Gentoo specific but 'opengl-update nvidia' sets up everything for the
glxXxxx programs.

Forget MythTV for a second, and google for getting OpenGL working. The
Nvidia readme file contains a *lot* of good information on how to get this
going.

I think my 5200 manages about 1200 fps in GlxGears so that's about what you
are looking for I would think.

Jonathan

Hope this helps...