[mythtv-users] component video capture cards

match at ece.utah.edu match at ece.utah.edu
Tue May 3 14:34:33 UTC 2005

On 2 May 2005 at 23:14, Reza Naima wrote:

> Is this still true?  There are _no_ video capture devices for the above
> formats?

As far as I'm aware, this is still true. You can get them in the $2500 range, but no
"consumer" cards.

I have 3 students working on one as a senior project. I dunno if they'll be
successful. They'll research it all summer then begin the design & build it in the fall.
It's not trivial. If anyone has any suggestions for the design, pass them along.

Marvin Match
U of U
Electrical and Computer Engineering Dept.