[mythtv-users] I think my database is hosed

Devan Lippman devan.lippman at gmail.com
Tue May 3 02:30:32 UTC 2005

I was out of town for the weekend and when I came back the mysql
database had filled my hd with bin logs effectively bringing the whole
system to a stop.  After cleaning up the bin logs I'm getting really
slow mysql access on the frontend and even errors like the one below
when I try to save an edit point to the db.
I'm thinking of seieng if I can clear all this by rebuilding the
database from scratch... is there an easy way to do this with all of
my program recordings?

here's the error from the frontend:
DB Error (Edit status update):
Query was:
UPDATE recorded SET editing = 1 WHERE chanid = '1026' AND starttime =
'20050430000000' ;
Driver error was [2/1030]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Got error 127 from storage engine

DB Error (cutlist update):
Query was:
UPDATE recorded SET cutlist = '0 - 655
' WHERE chanid = '1026' AND starttime = '20050430000000' ;
Driver error was [2/1030]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
Got error 124 from storage engine
<and on and on....>

meanwhile the backend has thousands of lines like this:
2005-05-02 20:18:11.159 5       32768

--
Thanks,
Devan Lippman <devan at lippman.net>