[mythtv-users] SlightOT - Broadcast flag - current status?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon May 2 22:04:21 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 06:53 -0700, Wendy Seltzer wrote:
> If the court does strike down the FCC's flag, I suspect we'll see heavy
> lobbying to Congress to re-impose it.

So what's the point of fighting it then?  If this is a merry-go-round
that never stops then the lobbyists surely will always win.  The
"copyright consortium" surely has more money and attention span on this
matter than any number of groups that want to fight it.

The good ol' American legal and political systems: where the one with
the most money always wins.  ~sigh~

b.