[mythtv-users] "Cell Microprocessor Simultaneously Decoding 48 MPEG-2 Streams"

Devan Lippman devan.lippman at gmail.com
Mon May 2 17:53:26 UTC 2005

I hope I can get one of these as the CPU for my machine!  Been a while
since I read that explination but I think that its a series of power
CPUs arranged similar to a beowulf cluster all on one chip which means
it shouldn't be too far off from existing CPUs that linux will run on
in the final presentation to the system.
Interesting that they have a screenshot of the demo being replayed in
windows media player and not the original demo... still I LOVE SMP and
this should have the potential to kill current SMP, AMD and INTEL
Multicore all in one hit.

--
Thanks,
Devan Lippman <devan at lippman.net>