[mythtv-users] Anyone happy with wireless?

Robin Smith 1canuck2 at gmail.com
Mon May 2 13:38:08 UTC 2005

I have a wrt54g router and a wmp54g PCI card. I just stopped using my
wireless card due to frustrating lack of driver support...

When it was up and running it performed well (although I am not
streaming from a different backend to a frontend) - file transfers
seemed quick and it stayed connected to the net reliably.

The only driver support I could make work was with ndiswrapper - which
just seems like a frustrating solution. Plus, finding the version that
worked with my kernel was a pain. After my last kernel update, it
broke again and neither of the two versions of ndiswrapper would work.
Without net access, its hard to troubleshoot a problem that requires
new driver downloads.

So I ran a long cable aroudn the room so I could work on the other
pressing upgrade issues (nvidia drivers, ivtv and lirc all broke when
I went from FC2 2.6.9 to 2.6.10). Now I have fixed most of those
issues (except for lirc no longer auto-starting), I haven't "got
around" to removing the long cable, which probably means I'll just
stay with my trusty eth0

Where's the damn linux support from these wireless vendors...

Robin