[mythtv-users] Non-visible channels still visible in browse mode

Tim Davis mythtv at silkworm.org.uk
Mon May 2 05:24:42 UTC 2005

Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Sunday 01 May 2005 16:59, James Stembridge wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>According to the 0.18 changelog non-visible channels shouldn't be
>>visible in browse mode anymore, however for me they still are. Anyone
>>else seeing this?
>

> Yes I'm still seeing it. A while back someone said that they had changed it in
> CVS but I never saw a corresponding cvs commit message.
>
> This is one of the most annoying issues for me currently - of the 30 odd UK
> DVB channels 50% are junk (shopping channels, childrens channels etc) so I've
> flagged them as not visible. They still appear in browse mode though which is
> a royal pain.

I prefer it the way it is. In the EPG I want just those channels that I
schedule recordings on, but in browse mode I also want to see other
channels that I only use when surfing live tv (like the music channels).

If I want to hide a channel completely I just set its source to
unassigned (are there any pitfalls with doing this?).

Tim