[mythtv-users] Anyone happy with wireless?

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Mon May 2 02:35:59 UTC 2005

Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> writes:

> So I guess that's the real question. If you make a wireless network
> and let's assume that the only think on that network is MythTV - will
> it be good enough to watch Myth at a location remote from the backend
> machine? If not there's no purpose to spending this money.

I have an 802.11g network, and regularly have 2 SDTV streams playing
simultaneously without any problems.  I'm using D-Link DWL-G650 PCMCIA
cards in the laptops (frontends), and a D-Link router which is
connected to the backend/frontend by 100Mbs ethernet.  Never had a
problem with the network.  I use the madwifi open source driver.

Dan