[mythtv-users] Full system/CPU upgrade and still no DVD

Scott Harris sharris at synthys.com
Sun May 1 18:26:01 UTC 2005

> is having to do all the decoding.
> >
> > Can anyone offer any recommendations?  I'm so close to having an
> > awesome mythtv system, one that even the wife approves of,
> the only thing lacking is DVD playback.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Scott
>
> Have you tried using Xine?  Also, is DMA active on your DVD-ROM?

Working on installing xine now, but the last time I tried with the older
CPU it was just as unreliable as mplayer.

Definitely have DMA on, on dvd and all HDDs.

[root at pvr sharris]# /sbin/hdparm /dev/hdc

/dev/hdc:
 HDIO_GET_MULTCOUNT failed: Invalid argument
 IO_support   =  0 (default 16-bit)
 unmaskirq    =  0 (off)
 using_dma    =  1 (on)
 keepsettings =  0 (off)