[mythtv-users] Jumping to end of show

Juan Jesús García de Soria Lucena skandalfo at gmail.com
Sun May 1 18:23:27 UTC 2005

Hi.

2005/5/1, Ryan Steffes <rbsteffes at gmail.com>:

> I've had a problem where occasionally my front end crashes and after
> that the show I was watching will cause the show to play normally when
> I'm just watching it, but trying to jump forward will cause the show
> to jump almost to the end and refuse to rewind passed that point.

My usual use of MythTV is to record shows, and then comm-flag & transcode
them to MPEG-4.

I'm seeing that an important number of my recordings have "this" problem:
instead of allowing true fast-forward / rewind, they somehow seem to "stick"
to a little number of possible positions in the stream, so that any skipping
(ffwd, rew, comm-skip, etc) ends up moving the playing position to one of
these points.

That's very annoying, since this totally defeats the skipping functionality
(I'm forced to use time-stretch in order to skip).

Somehow, too, for some recordings, even while skipping works, any skip seems
to stream a brutal quantity of data through the hard-disk/network... Is it
possible that I'm having some problems with frame-indexing in the video file
or something?

If someone knows what's happening, please help :)

Regards,

Juan Jesús.

--
How can dreams come true? Is their type boolean?