[mythtv-users] What is "native LIRC"?

Greg Grotsky spikeygg at gmail.com
Sun May 1 17:02:43 UTC 2005

  Kind of off topic but I think there would be a huge advantage for
using Myth's native LIRC support if there was an a way to assign
remote button presses with specific Myth functions.

  Like xine for example, instead of programming a button press for a
specific key on the keyboard; you would program a xine function with a
button press.  Here's a snippit from my .lircrc as an example:

begin
  prog = mythtv
  button = Aspect
  config = W
   repeat = 0
end

begin
 prog   = xine
 button = Aspect
 config = ToggleAspectRatio
  repeat = 3
end

You can see that I'm programming the same button but for xine it's
assigned to "ToggleAspectRatio" instead of the W key.  With the
function-based LIRC config, you could assign stuff like "config =
MythMusic.NextSong" or "config = MythTV.EPG", etc.

-Greg