[mythtv-users] Anyone happy with wireless?

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sun May 1 03:29:35 UTC 2005

/me raises my middle finger to Netgear, DLink et al regarding there lack of
Linux support!

I have wireless throughout my house and am stuck unable to use any distro
because of the lack of support. I wish I could just use KnoppMyth's live CD
every now and again, but alas, I can't!

Whytey

On 5/1/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

> Micah,
> Hi. I'm not the least bit happy with any of my wireless stuff. I'm
> using D-Link DWL-520's in two machines talkign to a Netgear WGT624 v.2
> router. I cannot even begin to get 'g' speeds. I have terrrible times
> even getting the NICs to find the router. Takes about 10 minutes after
> booting at best. Once linked up they stay linked pretty well, but not
> getting linked automatically at boot time causes me to have to rerun a
> number of boot time scripts by hand due to network dependencies.
>
> I'm pulling wire through the house soon and giving up on this. It's
> not worth it to me.
>
> - Mark
>
> On 4/30/05, Micah Wedemeyer <fanmail at micah-wedemeyer.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I thought I had a good setup this time, but I just hosed everything. I
> > think I'll probably have to reinstall (again...)
> >
> > Anyways, I think a lot of my problems are due to my wireless card. I'm
> > using the infamous Netgear WG311v2 with the acx100 chipset. I tried a
> > D-Link card, but it wouldn't work at all, so I was stuck with swapping
> > out the WG311v2 from my Windows machine.
> >
> > Is anyone out there using a PCI 802.11g card that they're happy with? I
> > want something that is well supported under Linux. I am not using it to
> > stream video, only to reduce cable clutter (for higher WAF).
> >
> > So, if you've got a PCI 802.11g card that you love, please tell me about
> > it. I need make/model/chipset/you-name-it. If you could give me the
> > output of lspci that would be even better.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Micah

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.