[mythtv-users] Anyone happy with wireless?

Micah Wedemeyer fanmail at micah-wedemeyer.net
Sun May 1 00:42:10 UTC 2005

Hi,

I thought I had a good setup this time, but I just hosed everything.  I
think I'll probably have to reinstall (again...)

Anyways, I think a lot of my problems are due to my wireless card.  I'm
using the infamous Netgear WG311v2 with the acx100 chipset.  I tried a
D-Link card, but it wouldn't work at all, so I was stuck with swapping
out the WG311v2 from my Windows machine.

Is anyone out there using a PCI 802.11g card that they're happy with?  I
want something that is well supported under Linux.  I am not using it to
stream video, only to reduce cable clutter (for higher WAF).

So, if you've got a PCI 802.11g card that you love, please tell me about
it.  I need make/model/chipset/you-name-it.  If you could give me the
output of lspci that would be even better.

Thanks,
Micah