[mythtv-users] Stale NFS file handle - an epiphany

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Thu Mar 31 16:35:47 UTC 2005

Dan Wilga wrote:
> Are you sure NFS statd and lockd are running on the machine serving the
> NFS volume? NFS is known for running almost-normally when either of
> these is off for some reason.

rpc.statd is running on the NFS server.   I'm not so sure about lockd.
"ps aux" lists "[lockd]".    That's what you're talking about, right?

I guess I could try the "ls" trick on the server to see if that happens
to fix anything.   Or just go for the 2.6.11.2 kernel as suggested.
(Thanks David!)

-WD