[mythtv-users] How do you "tune" subchannels in QAM?

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 06:48:03 UTC 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 00:42:40 -0500, Marc Tousignant
<drayson at net1plus.com> wrote:
> How can I tell myth to identify 82-1 and 82-2 as two channels?
> I am unable to locate information on this on in the archive and
> http://www.digitalregime.com/mythdvb/setup/ provides no assistance on this.

I don't have a 3k card, I have an Air2PC, However, I would expect this
to be the same.

In mythtv-setup, run a DVB-scan. It will then add the channels, likely
as 821 and 822. You can either leave it that way (which makes entering
channels MUCH easier) or you can change it, like I did, so I have to
co-exist with non-HD channels, to 82_1 and 82_2 in the list. It's
impossible to hand enter without a real keyboard, but they show up
consecutively in the list, and I can flip through them..