[mythtv-users] Pundit-R sound (issues with FF/RW) what versions do people use?

Jason Mollman jasonmollman at atlanticbb.net
Wed Mar 30 03:08:46 UTC 2005

At 06:00 PM 03/29/2005, you wrote:
>Hi Jason,
>
>What settings do you use in mythfrontend?  Can you FF/RW multiple times
>without issues?  ALSA: I can FF fine but when resuming playback the video
>stays in FF and the audio is reduced to a quiet crackling noise (8/10
>times).  I also get a load of 'WriteAudio: buffer underrun' messages on
>console.
>
>I have tried the aggressive buffering option.
>
>Gra.
I haven't had any problems rewinding or fast forwarding repeatedly. I'd
definitely upgrade to 1.0.8 if possible. I think the buffer underruns are
the result of the older versions.

I use KDE, so I've used Kmix to setup the audio options.

I'm using a pvr-350 with its audio patched to the line-in of my pundit's
audio. So I had to make sure to enable the line-in, and the Master Volume
in Kmix.

In Mythtv, I'm using either /dev/dsp or /dev/adsp without much difference
between them. I run mythtv as a regular user, so I had to change
permissions on /dev/adsp for myth to use it properly.

Let me know if I can help further.