[mythtv-users] pcHDTV-3000 installation questions for Fedora Core 3

John Sturgeon mythtv at sturgeonfamily.com
Wed Mar 30 01:18:28 UTC 2005

jeffk wrote:

>>The new (v2.0) pcHDTV drivers do not create the /dev/video32 (with
>>
>>major=81 and minor=32) any longer, they now create the /dev/video1
>>
>>(major=81, minor=1).  You will find this particularly challenging when
>>
>>trying to add the card in MythTV as it looks for major=81 and
>>
>>minor=32... My recommendation is to go with the cx88-dvb driver.
>>

>>--
>>
>>John Sturgeon <><
>>

>Which howto do you recommend to assist with installing the dvb driver?

Good question.  At this point, I'd go with the pcHDTV INSTALL doc first, and if that doesn't work for you, then you might come back here for some assistance, or the pcHDTV forums.  With regards to getting MythTV to play nice with the pcHDTV when used in DVB mode, that How-To hasn't been written yet AFAIK, but I should probably start putting a mini-howto together.

In the mean time, here are some links which got me started:

DVB Driver for the pcHDTV HD-3000

 - http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/107483?do=post_view_flat#107483

DVB Patch Setup HOWTO

 - http://www.digitalregime.com/mythdvb/setup/