[mythtv-users] Cannot write MP3 CD...

vuko at vuko.com vuko at vuko.com
Tue Mar 29 22:28:55 UTC 2005

Hi Myth-Experts...

I am running my MSI Mega PC 651 Box with KnoppMyth R4V5 +
PVR 350 + NVIDIA.

Everything works fine, including MythMusic, cd ripping and
playing of an audio cd.

Ecept one: one problem I have, where I cannot find any
solution:

I cannot write MP3 CDs from within my Play List Manager in
MythMusic. When I choose to "Create MP3 CD from Playlist"
Myth says "Couldn't create CD". No more Information.

No negative Logentries. The only information about the
insertet CD is in the Kernel log: "cdrom: This disc
doesn't have any tracks I recognize!"  I assumed this as
clear, because of the empty CD-R inside the drive.

I also checked my startup log, which says:
Mar 24 23:41:04 mythtvbase kernel: SCSI subsystem driver
Revision: 1.00
Mar 24 23:41:04 mythtvbase kernel: scsi0 : SCSI host
adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
Mar 24 23:41:04 mythtvbase kernel: Vendor: ATAPI Model:
COMBO48XMAX Rev: 0.C5
Mar 24 23:41:04 mythtvbase kernel: Type: CD-ROM ANSI SCSI
revision: 02
Mar 24 23:41:04 mythtvbase kernel: Attached scsi CD-ROM
sr0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
Mar 24 23:41:04 mythtvbase kernel: sr0: scsi3-mmc drive:
40x/40x writer cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
Mar 24 23:41:04 mythtvbase kernel: Uniform CD-ROM driver
Revision: 3.12

So my CD-Writer is recognised correctly a SCSI Device at
0,0,0.
Myth-Recording-Settings are
CD-Writing enabled
Device 0,0,0
Disk Size 700MB/80Min (=inserted CD)
Enable directories on MP3 creation is true
CD-Writing Speed: Auto (I tried all manual values too)

If checked MythTV-Mailinglist, KnoppMythWiki, MythTVTalk
and this forum, did not find anything about this problem.

Does anyone know a solution?

Kind regards

Alex