[mythtv-users] Myth/spdif no audio, mplayer works fine

Christopher Ruppel cjruppel at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 29 18:45:12 UTC 2005

--- John Patrick Poet <john at BlueSkyTours.com> wrote:

> I have AC3 passthrough turned on, and currently have
> ALSA:iec958 in the
> driver box.  I have also tried ALSA:default, and I
> have even tried
> ALSA:cards.pcm.iec958.  Myth does not complain about
> any of those
> setting, it just doesn't work.

You may have already tried this combo but what works
for me is to put ALSA:spdif in the driver box, have
AC3 passthrough turned on and internal volume controls
disabled.  It wouldn't work for me until I disabled
internal volume controls but that's not an issue with
me since I use my receiver to control volume.

Chris