[mythtv-users] Help with theater names (somewhat OT)

match at ece.utah.edu match at ece.utah.edu
Tue Mar 29 17:18:39 UTC 2005

Hi Gang,

I've noticed that if my computers don't have names, my router will make something up,
so I'm looking for names for my various MythTV boxes... 4 of them at last count. All are
on a private network behind a firewall along with one server and another PC.

I want to choose names of famous movie theaters for them, preferably names of movie
palaces from the 1930's that have long since disappeared, but if they still stand, that's
OK too. For example "Mann's Chinese Theater"  in Hollywood comes to mind
(standing?), as does "Center Theater" in Salt Lake City (long since torn down). Both
"Majestic" and "Bijou" are also possibilities.

Another scheme could use the names of film festivals, but I can only think of "Cannes"
and "Sundance".

Any Ideas? What are or were your favorites?

Marvin