[mythtv-users] 0.17, DVB-T & channels ?

Mika Saari mika.saari at wipsl.com
Tue Mar 29 09:47:25 UTC 2005

Hello,

  Thanks for the answer :) I started to hazzle with SQL databases but
couldn't get the channels to be tuned yet.

> You should be able to edit and update the channels table directly in
> the mythconverg database.

  Do you mean dvb_channel, dvb_pids & channel tables ? I read from
somewhere that dvb_* aren't used anymore 0.17, is this misunderstanding
from my side ?

  I dvbscanned the channels and e.g. my TV 1 channel is serviceid=17.
But if I put that to channel table, the backend claims that it can not
find some options for it. I added all dvb_pids & dvb_channel info from
0.16 database and options warnings are gone but the channel 17 can not
still be tuned :/ (Verified once more that xine is able to show the
channel 17 / TV 1 here)

> If you run dvbscan and dump the results into a file, you can then use
> the channel settings (or just insert the settings contained in your
> old pre-0.17 db) and the new channels should then be usable.

  I think I did pretty much this (dvb_channel, dvb_pids) not sure if I
am still missing something.

  There are some new attributes in channel table, could one/few of those
new ones cause probably the tuning problem ?

  Thank you so much once again,
    -Mika