[mythtv-users] xbox or ps2 as frontend

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 23:30:39 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 16:34:34 -0600, Scott Francis <sfrancis353 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:04:22 -0500, Mario L <superm1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Don't think I want to go to knoppmyth because that might clobber my
> previous recordings.  I don't think it can upgrade from FC1 -> Knoppix
> like that.  I'm probably going to wait until we get into the land of
> reruns (AKA 24 and Alias seasons are over) and then just do total wipe
> and rebuild.  I'd like to do some repartitioning and also use XFS
> instead of my current ext3.  I may try out Knoppmyth at that time to
> see if it will just work for me or not.

a KnoppMyth upgrade probably won't affect your recordings since they
are in the database.  i'm pretty sure the database is untouched.
checkout the KnoppMyth forums [1] and the KnoppMyth Wiki [2] for more
info...
great distro and perfect for a standalone MythBox.

[1] http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/
[2] http://knoppmythwiki.homelinux.org/index.php?page=KnoppMythInstall