[mythtv-users] Losing audio with MPEG2 card

Mathias Wennberg mathias.wennberg at gavle.to
Mon Mar 28 21:20:47 UTC 2005

Hello

I have a big problem with the audio on my mythtv config.
Of some reason I sometimes looses all audio when I record new shows using my
PVR-250 card using the ivtv drivers for the 2.4 kernel.

The audio simply isn't recorded in the video. I thought this might be caused
by the other videocard, a simle Happaugue Wintv card, but I have noticed that
this lack of sound happend even if the other card is inactive and doesn't
record anything.

The lack of sound seam to happen randomly, but when it have happend, the only
way to get the audio back is to restart the mythtvbackend. Does anyone have
any suggestion to what this might be caused by?

Best regards
/Mathias Wennberg