[mythtv-users] View all upcoming movies without duplicates?

Dan Wilga dwilga at MtHolyoke.edu
Mon Mar 28 14:53:44 UTC 2005

At 7:16 AM -0800 3/27/05, Bruce Markey wrote:
>Dan Wilga wrote:
>>As we all know, movie channels like to show the same film over and
>>over. As it stands, Myth's Movies listing is huge, because is shows
>>the same films many times. Finding movies I'd like to record takes
>>a really long time, because of all the duplicates.
>
>It's also huge because there are a lot of different titles. Showing
>each title once would shorten the list for a few days in the future
>but would barely have any impact in the first couple hours of this
>time sorted list. If you are looking ahead to a certain time frame
>to see what you might watch then, there would be valid choices missing.

Bruce, I haven't yet tried Brad's patch, but it sounds to me like
he's thinking more the same way I am. I agree that the current
chronological sort is not all that meaningful for the reason you
mention, but I don't really care when the movies are on when viewing
this list. I just want a concise (probably alphabetical) list of
every upcoming movie -- much like the list of all upcoming programs.
I'd then like to select a movie and choose which showing to record.

>Don't over look the HOME and END keys to filter by stars. This is
>probably a much more effective chop the list down to just things
>you might actually watch.

If this feature was also in my "dream list", that would be great,
too. But sometimes you really are in the mood for an awful movie or
two, too :-).

Dan Wilga                                         dwilga at mtholyoke.edu
Web Administrator                             http://www.mtholyoke.edu
Mount Holyoke College                                Tel: 413-538-3027
South Hadley, MA  01075            "Who left the cake out in the rain?"