[mythtv-users] How well does commercial detection work?

Ajay Sharma ssharma at revsharecorp.com
Mon Mar 28 07:27:19 UTC 2005

>>>I'm wondering how well everyone else's commercial detection is working?

I was using the "ALL" method because everyone was talking about how
great it is.  I'm not that impressed with it but it might be because I'm
watching those shows that still have issues with it:

Lost:  Very dark at times, scene changes in the middle of the episode
get caught

Survivor:  Good most of the time, but the it jumps around at the end
during the tribal counsel part.

Daily Show:  Sometimes when they jump to a news clip they flash the
screen white for a second that that is picked up as a start of a commercial.

Earlier today I switched the commercial detection to "Scene Change +
Black Screen" or something like that.  I also took off the "Auto Skip".
 Most of the time it's great, but leave Auto Skip turned off.

--Ajay