[mythtv-users] Subject: Re: Jerky Live HD3000

Kelly navykel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 05:48:35 UTC 2005

Subject: Re: Jerky Live HD3000
Posted on: Sat Mar 26 22:40:19 2005

On Saturday 26 March 2005 22:36, Kelly wrote:
> I followed  Jarod C. Wilson's guide (outstanding by the way) but had
> to start deviating to try and get the dvb drivers to load up. For some
> reason, after every reboot, I have to chmod -R mythtv:root /dev/dvb
> and /dev/dvb0 or the mythbackend will fail to start the DVB#0.

Shouldn't be using /dev/dvb and /dev/dvb0, that's the old DVB interface. Check
out this page, the device setup for the Air2PC is identical:

http://www.rsmas.miami.edu/personal/angel/mythtv/air2pc-howto.html

You should be using the device nodes in /dev/dvb/adapter0/.

Can't help ya on the other stuff right now. :-)

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...
    http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/
MythTV Searchable Mailing List Archive

Thanks for the link. I'm not a kernel warrior so I'm now researching
how to reload the nvidia module after I make a new kernel. Seems when
I rename the kernel 2.6.10-DVB and reboot, my xserver crashes because
it can't find the nvidia module for the new kernel. Everything I've
tried has loaded old and new nvidia kernel mod into old kernels not
the new one I've created. I would like to have the latest nvidia
drivers and not the default "nv". Sorry to post this in the mythtv but
I'm at a stand still. If i'm going to be making custom kernels, I need
to know how to reload the nvidia kernels to keep my xserver.

Also do I load select the "B2C2/Technisat Air/Sk/CableStar 2 PCI". The
correct frontend, nxt2002, is automatically selected" in his setup for
the HD3000?

Do I load the pcHDTV 2.0 after this?