[mythtv-users] Changing who mythtv is run as...

Donavan Stanley geckofiend at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 04:27:37 UTC 2005

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 17:08:28 -0500, Tony Paterra <apaterra at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was curious if fellow myth users could shed some light on
> any gotchas that I might hit (e.g. any directories that need to be
> moved outside of $HOME/.mythtv).  Anything I need to re-configure as
> myth?

Just copy the .mythtv directory and ensure that everything in it is
readable by the new user.

> Also as a separate note what is the relationship between the DB and
> the stored files?  I am going to be putting in a separate hard disk
> shortly to expand my ability to download shows and I'd liike to keep
> the 10 or so shows I currently have.  Does anyone have a recommended
> way to move my current directory of shows to a new directory and not
> confuse myth?  (assuming the drive is added properly and has been
> mounted).

First, you should really look into LVM as it'll make any future
upgrades a lot easier.  Second, after you move the files simply tell
myth the new directory name for storing recordings and it'll pick them
up and use them.  Note: You can't have some recordings in one dir and
others in another.