[mythtv-users] Up/Down keys

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Mon Mar 28 03:15:59 UTC 2005

aaron <memoryguy at gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a way to stop the Up/Down keys from jumping back and forward
> while watching a recording? This "feature" has been bugging me ever
> since the code was checked in way back when. Particularly since it's
> unintuitive; Up should jump forward rather than backward.

I was just investigating this yesterday, since I wanted to swap the
behaviour of Up and Down when jumping (but retain the way they change
channels).  It seems like this isn't possible (at least with 0.17).
ChannelUp and ChannelDown are hardcoded to do jumps if you aren't
watching live TV.

I wonder if there should be finer control of the context that is
used to set keys, maybe with inheritance.  So there could be a
LiveTV subcontext as well as a RecordedTV subcontext, and one
could separately choose when Up and Down are mapped to...

Dan