[mythtv-users] Commercial Detection

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Sun Mar 27 18:36:40 UTC 2005

I find that it detects actual commercials quite well but sometimes does a
false commercial break. For that reason I turn off automatic skip and have a
button programmed on the remote to skip forward and another to skip back
that way if it screws up and marks the last 10 minutes of the show I can
jump back and then use the FF and RWD buttons to jump thru the bad
detection. Works quite well and wife acceptance factor is 100% now that she
is properly trained :) She sees the start of a commerical and loves the fact
she can hit one button and skip them all.