[mythtv-users] Transcode makes files bigger

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Mar 27 16:09:49 UTC 2005

> If I correctly understand the current state of this problem,
> mythtranscode, as late as 0.17, but fixed somewhere in CVS (maybe) has
> a problem where it switches to outputting RAW mode frames, due to
> system load during the transcode.  Captain Murdoch (from IRC) was
> chasing this around, and I believe he said he found it, though I don't
> know whether the patch was committed yet or not.

I committed a patch to CVS that I hoped would fix this issue.  I set a flag
to prevent going to RAW mode when transcoding.  I've never seen the
problem myself and thought this only occurred when going to RTJPEG.

If anyone is seeing this problem running current CVS, please let me know
and I'll take another look.

--

Chris