[mythtv-users] By passing tuner and external channel changing

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Mar 26 09:28:45 UTC 2005

Nick Collier wrote:
> Thanks for the reference, but I've got the channel changing working
> over the serial cable righ now, what I want to to do is feed the
> signal from the cable box to the tuner, but not use the tuner to tune.

Right, but I think everyone missed your real question. Myth does
support external channel changing without changing the pre-set
channel for the coax input. In mythtv-setup, choose "Input connections".
Go to the composite input and set the "Video source" to "(None)".
For your TV input, choose the Video source then enter the "External
channel change command" and set "Preset tuner to channel" to either
3 or 4 or whatever channel the cable box is set to for it's output.

--  bjm