[mythtv-users] MythTV .18 impending release? If so, what's in it?

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Sat Mar 26 04:52:41 UTC 2005

On Saturday 26 March 2005 01:33, Maverick wrote:
> > A big one will be 0.19 when the whole GUI engine gets a thorough
> > reworking. If you've played with the MythUI test app, you'll know what
> > I'm talking about.
>
> I assume MythUI is in CVS? I'd kinda like to see what it's all
> about... Is there a discussion about what impending UI changes that
> are planned?

Yes it is. Well its a binary that gives you a couple of examples of new
capabilities, i.e. fades, movement and animations. (There could be other
stuff, but not in the demo.) If you don't have OpenGL acceleration, don't
even bother as the demo will be sloooooooowwwwww ;-) It'll be possible to
turn this off in the proper implementation for slower systems.

Apparently a lot of the initial discussion goes on between the devs off-list.
Sensible bearing in mind that a) they know the current architecture, b)
they'll be the ones doing all (?) the work, and c) it'll save them wasting
breath explaining for the twentieth time why feature X is not going to be
implemented ;-)

I'm a newb around here, I just got lucky talking to one of the devs on another
site talking about themes. He told me to hold off substantial work, as the
whole "kit and kaboodle" was going to be changing for 0.19.
--
Steve Boddy