[mythtv-users] mythgame (xmame) and lirc

Niels den Otter otter at kjoe.net
Sat Mar 26 00:40:10 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I'm trying to control mythgame/xmame with my remote control. The first
attempt I made was to see if I could quit the program using my remote
control. xmame > 0.90 should have native lirc support. I'm currently using

Configuring the following in my .lircrc:

  prog = xmame
  button = BLUE
  config = Esc

Makes xmame respond with

  Received command "Esc"

whenever I touch the BLUE button on my remote. The program does not quit
however. I have tried various other terms instead of Esc but without

Does someone have this setup working already? May there be an overlap in
keybindings between mythfrontend and mythgame or should different keys be

-- Niels