[mythtv-users] IRBlaster not working

Mike mythtvuser at optonline.net
Fri Mar 25 23:45:24 UTC 2005

When using the digital camera trick with the irblaster from
http://www.irblaster.info make sure you hold the short end of the
irblaster opposite the cable entry point close to your digital camera
lens.  It will be much harder to pick up the ir output from the device
made to go 3" as opposed to a remote control made to go 30'  The
brightness also depends on the ir filter characteristics of the digital
camera -- cheap webcams actually work better.  In most cases, however,
you should be able to see some light out of the device using the
technique I described.

Also, I found testing on a windows machine with winlirc is a good way to
try out config files without worrying about linux config complexities.