[mythtv-users] Power to the Masses (CPU Power that is) - LONG!!

Anthony Vito anthony.vito at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 22:07:59 UTC 2005

> > Mobile AMD chips make even less heat ;)
> >
> > I'm currently running a mobile 2800 at 1.3 volts. I got one of those
> > huge heat sinks with a 70mm fan and took off the fan. I have a 120mm
> > fan running at 7 volts attached to the cover the micro atx case,
> > pulling air in the vent over the CPU. Dead silent, works like a charm.
> What mobo and case?

The Biostar M7NCG 400. I've used a fx5200 for video in the past. I
just use the onboard 440mx now, it works just fine. The case is an off
brand micro ATX from newegg. I looked, I couldn't find it anymore on
their site. It has the optical drive directly in the center front,
rather then offset like most micro atx cases I see. The hard drive
mounts are 'on edge' to the side of the optical drive. There is pretty
much zero room left anywhere in the case.

Anthony Vito
anthony.vito at gmail.com