[mythtv-users] Dual video cards and TV sound

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 21:23:50 UTC 2005

> I have been struggling with using dual BT878 cards and getting sound out.  A single BT878 and Intel 8x0 sound card work.
>
> A couple of questions:
>
> Do you need sound cards to get the sound to the TV, via Svideo, or must you use the snd-bt87x module to do that, and has anyone used it?
>
> Has anyone been able to capture sound to tv from and Ensoniq AudioPCI card?  I can't seem to get capture to work at all, and there is no capture line in alsamixer, just the capture you get when you hit space, and that doesn't seem to work.
>
> My config:
> FC3
> Myth ATRPMS
> Happuage Win-TV Go BT878
> Intel 810 sound
> Ensoniq AudioPCI sound
> KDE 3.3

Do you have 2 tuner cards? Your post is unclear on this. If  so, you
will need 2 sound cards each connected to a tuner card. The only way
to avoid this is if your tuner cards support btaudio in which case
they don't need to be connected to a sound card to record sound.

Lots of info/posts on this in the archive and recently.

Regards,
Phill