[mythtv-users] Import archives into Gmail

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 25 19:54:23 UTC 2005

Phill Wiggin wrote:

>The problem w/ gossamer is that you can't reply directly to the posts
>you're reading.  I use gmail for archiving and it's fantastic! If I want
>to ask a question or offer advice about something I've read, I don't
>have to start a new thread using gmail.  Using gossamer, I have to
>copy-paste the text of the old message and fragment the thread. (Also,
>Gmail's threading is a bit easier to navigate in my opinion.)

Using Gmail is great, but why not just subscribe your Gmail account to
the list?  You'll have your own archive built up in no time.  I wouldn't
worry about importing the archives; if you really feel the need to reply
to a very old thread, you're probably better off starting a new thread
anyway.

Just my $.02.

-JAC