[mythtv-users] problem: visible slanting lines on tv screen (PAL PVR350) with new ivtv X11 driver

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 19:10:26 UTC 2005

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:50:01 +0100, Teus Hagen <teus at theus.nlnet.nl> wrote:
> Running PVR350 with ivtv 2.6.10-1.770_FC3 kernel driver and it shows now
> visible slanting horizontal lines across the PAL TV screen.
> It runs with X11 with option fbdev /dev/fb1 driver: ivtvdev
>
> I  not sure what caused this to happen with the newer ivtv kernel driver
> and what
> I have to change e.g. on my /etc/xorg.conf setup. This is what it is now:
> Section "Monitor"
>     Identifier  "PAL Monitor"   # PAL
>     DisplaySize  720 574        # PAL  DDC should set these

Teus,

I would think the DisplaySize setting should be "720 576" to match the
PAL framebuffer size of the PVR-350.

>     HorizSync  30-70            # PAL
>     VertRefresh 50-87           # PAL
>     Mode "720x576"              # PAL
>       DotClock 42.6             # PAL
>       HTimings 720 760 832 944  # PAL
>       VTimings 576 577 580 602  # PAL
>       Flags    "-HSync" "-VSync"
>     EndMode
> EndSection
>
> Any idea what to change to get these line invisible on the TV screen?

I would try out the locan and global alpha settings using ivtvfbctl
app that comes with the ivtv drivers. (details of Jarod's Myth
tutorial)

> Probably this question needs to be directed to the ivtv emaillist.

You can search the ivtv-devel list here
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/devel/. This question comes
up quite a lot esp regarding setting up mythboxen..