[mythtv-users] Idea: multiple prioritized recording profiles for recordings

Michael J. Lynch mlynch at gcom.com
Fri Mar 25 19:06:15 UTC 2005

Ok...so your probably thinking *huh*.  Here's the idea.  I have
a master backend with 2 bt878 cards in it.  If I record using only
one tuner, I have plenty of CPU to use my high quality recording
profile.  However, I don't have enough CPU do use my high
quality recording profile to record 2 shows at the same time.  It
would be really cool if I could specify a list of recording profiles
for recording such that if *x* number or less programs are being
recorded, the first specified recording profile is used and if more
than *x* and less than *y* number of programs are being recorded
then the second profile is used, etc.  This way I don't have to try
to remember to go change recording profiles for programs when
additional programs are added for recording at the same time.

I dunno...does anyone think this would be a nice feature or not?
Of course, this is only a problem with non-encoding grabbers so
maybe it's not worth the effort.  Any thoughts?

--
Michael J. Lynch

What if the hokey pokey IS what it's all about -- author unknown