[mythtv-users] Pluto

Tom E. Craddock Jr. sigtom at sigtom.com
Fri Mar 25 16:13:31 UTC 2005

Rickard Olsson wrote:
> John Williams wrote:
>
>> Yeah, Me too. WOW.
>

> Risking sounding like an AOL n00b; Me too!
>

> This bit sounded especially nice:
>
> "
> Name      Language      Platform      License
> Myth-TV     C++     Linux     GPL
> This is a new plug-in. The retail version of Pluto uses our own in-house
> PVR solution. At the time we began, MythTV was in its infancy, so we
> made our own solution in-house. Pluto's own PVR solution has some
> features not found in MythTV, such as it's ability to pipe live preview
> windows of the channel viewing history to the Orbiter. Since the MythTV
> project seems to have quite a bit of momentum, we will migrate to MythTV
> and make our own enhancement available for inclusion in MythTV.
> "
>

> I noticed one of them mentioning Pluto making a blackbird driver the
> other day, anyone heard anything else from them? Who are these people -
> benevolent aliens from outer space?
>
>     / Rickard Olsson,IT-Konsult/
>    / Telefon: +46 70 635 01 42/
>   / http://www.webhackande.se/

Ive got a kickstart CD to do an install with thier software and plan on
doing an install of it this weekend.  Very cool features overall.  They
are in Ft Lauderdale, Florida, USA not too far from me actually.  There
are a couple of cool pkgs theyve created, and released them to the OSS
comm as well. Ive been using 2 seperate machines to do * and mythtv now,
am planning on moving everything to one box and use it for secutity, PVR
and VoIP using thier software.  Heck, I may even have to end up getting
a Bluetooth enabled phone if I like this system that much.

Tom

Tom