[mythtv-users] pvr150 or pvr500

Jason Mollman jasonmollman at atlanticbb.net
Fri Mar 25 03:22:04 UTC 2005

At 04:56 PM 03/24/2005, you wrote:

>Uh, what? No card has a tuner that changes the channels on a cable box.
>That's
>done via firewire, serial or something like an IRBlaster. The on-board tuners
>can only change their own channels, and that's the same for every card...
>Both tuners can be used simultaneously if you're piping them a signal
>straight from your cable provider or OTA, with no intermediate device (like a
>cable box, sat box, etc). If you're using a cable box, you should be feeding
>a capture card via svideo or composite video, then using an external channel
>changing program (and cable).
>
>--
>Jarod Wilson

Uh, I guess you didn't understand my original post. I'll try to be alittle
more clear.

If one is to use an external channel changing script to control an external
cable box with a pvr-500, I'm guessing you either need two cable boxes, or
you can only use one tuner on the pvr-500. Otherwise each tuner will
contend for use of the channel changer script and the cable box.

Would this be a correct statement?