[mythtv-users] Missing Guide Data (Unknown), Randomly?

Maverick mavantix at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 23:59:45 UTC 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:37:10 -0500, Tom Lichti <tom at redpepperracing.com> wrote:
> >>I have a clean install of R5A12, and I don't think it's anything to do
> >>with corruption at all. Sounds like something is wrong with
> >>mythfilldatabase, or maybe something specific to KnoppMyth?
> >>

> Mine used to do it (KnoppMyth), but it appears that the suggestion to
> run mythfilldatabase at 11:30pm and 12:05am seems to have helped. I have
> also switched to latest CVS, so that may have helped as well...

In the little bit of testing I've been able to do, it seems it can
happen it is unable to retrieve the zap2it data, either from their
server being down, etc. I assume this is because it's clearing out a
couple days first, then loading it back... But, the problem seems to
happen even when internet connectivity is working fine.

I also see there's some options to disable the deletion of program
data, and such. I may play around with those...

Maybe if mythfilldatabase downloaded the new data first, verified it's
contents are valid, and then deleted/updated the guide data this
wouldn't happen...

-Kenneth