[mythtv-users] Power to the Masses (CPU Power that is) - LONG!!

Howard Cokl hojoloco at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 24 21:05:45 UTC 2005

You don't need the 350 since it won't be outputting
video since it's a backend.

You need the good video card on the frontend, I don't
think the 350 will do HDTV so get a 250, I use an
nVidia FX 5200.

I am a huge AMD fan but I think Intel has the edge in
this type of setup.  I have an Athlon 2700+ and can't
watch live TV without XvMC.  You need alot of CPU for
Live HDTV.

I would also stay away from via chipsets, just my
experience with them in the past and currently have a
via based board in my myth box now and if I load the
via-agp module it breaks XvMC.

Just my 2 cents, not looking to start a fight over
this.