[mythtv-users] slightly OT: netgear mp101

jondz jondz at dca.net
Thu Mar 24 16:03:07 UTC 2005

hope this is not entirely off topic,

I see the netgear MP101 is on sale again at compusa,
its $50 after MIR, Can be hooked up to a mythtv
box to display/play songs ripped by mythmusic.
I dont know about playlists yet but I can scroll
the music in "directory" mode.

for linux server software google for "twonkyvision".

here's a picture of my setup: jondz.blogspot.com

i've only installed it a couple of weeks ago and
it looks great though I actually seldom use it.
from what I use it it works, though I played
it only a couple of hours so ymmv.

also best to hook it up by wire , i found the
wireless connection to be "choppy".  I used a crossover
cable to wire it directly to my myth box.

--
jondz <jondz at dca.net>