[mythtv-users] V-Stream 2388x Compatibility

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 21:47:26 UTC 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:33:58 -0500, Kevin <kevinaj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone gotten an V-Stream 2388x pci video capture card to work with myth
> yet. I received this card as a Chritsmas Gift. It is based on the conxant
> cx88 chipset And has only composite in (no tv tuner). This was a cheap $20
> card so I have my doubts. I am running KnoppMyth on a self-compiled 2.6.11
> kernel with v4l 1 and 2 enabled. Any tips/suggestions/success stories would
> be appreciated.
>
> -Kevin-

Have you tried manually modprobing the cx88-dvb driver? If so, did it
fail or give any useful output? I'm sure I saw mention of V-stream in
the source for the driver a while back.

As you are manually compiling your kernel, I might suggest getting a
recent v4l patch from here http://linux.bytesex.org/v4l2/cx88.html and
see if it helps at all. I would hope that the driver realised there
was no tuner and just gave access to the composite input.

Hopefully another user may have better and more concrete advice for you!

Cheers,
Nick