[mythtv-users] Backend Crashes / Status Monitoring

dave at theansells.com dave at theansells.com
Wed Mar 23 13:38:55 UTC 2005

David,

    Thanks.
  So as I understand it create a new line in /etc/inittab, simple as that.

  What confused me was the various other scripts in other directories,
/etc/rc.d/rc3.d , etc which claim to start mythbackend.  As I now
understand it these got created when I did  "chkconfig mythbackend on"
command to autostart the backend.

  Presumably this means I need to "chkconfig mythbackend off" to get rid
of these when I edit the inittab file? yes?

   Sorry, being a bit slow, but I never seem to get the whole picure from
the man pages.

cheers,
Dave