SV: [mythtv-users] Blank screen when trying to watch Live-TV [SOLVED]

Mogens Lunde mail at mogenslunde.dk
Wed Mar 23 11:51:20 UTC 2005

On 03/22/2005 10:43 AM, Mogens Lunde wrote:

>Finally got MythTV working, and everything seems to work perfect except
>Live-TV. Below is shown the log from a recent mythfrontend session. The
only
>thing that seems strange and might explain the phenomenon is the text
>"Realtime priority would require SUID as root". However I have not been
able
>to find any posts on this subject.

Then you haven't looked hard enough.  There are several messages in the
list archives.  Plus every single link that google displays when I
search on that message is related to mythtv.  Basically, don't worry
about the Realtime priority message.  It is only there to tell you what
you would need to do if you wanted to run realtime priority.  That
message isn't the cause of your problem.

What is the "phenomenon"?   Perhaps if you told us what was wrong
someone could help.

--
David

Thanks, and sorry for being imprecise. I think I have found the error this
morning, as unchecking "Use the PVR350's TV-out" solved the problem. A
little strange as I did complete Jarods manual completely and verified that
I could run X on the PVR-350 output. Something must have messed this up
afterwards.

Anyway, thanks for your help and concern!

Mogens